Some Random Shampooing Tips
I was in the shower this morning thinking about various advice I’ve been given over the years. Specifically advice about how to make make your shampoo more efficacious. Here are the ones that I can remember:
• If you are using a treatment shampoo (ie., dandruff, vitamin enriched, volumizing, etc.), give your scalp a mini massage before you shampoo — it stimulated blood circulation which in turn helps the active ingredients do their job.
• Tha’s a gentle massage, partner. Clawing at your skull can damage the hair follicles, which may in turn lead to permanent hair loss.
• Lather, then let the shampoo sit a spell (again, especially if you’re using a treatment shampoo), then lather again before you rinse.
• If you are using a dandruff shampoo, use it regularly until you get the desired effect (no dandruff/itch). You can switch back to your regular shampoo, but use the dandruff shampoo once a week to keep the flakes in check.
• Actually, all of the tips I can remember are about treatment shampoos. So I’ll close with this half-remembered joke from the TV show M*A*S*H: “Shampoo? I prefer real poo.”